Monday 18 January 2016

Chapter 11 : Keeping a Diary ( Grammer Review )


Task 1
1. Last year, they _____ 15, so they ______ 16 now.
2. This Monday the weather _____ cool, but last Monday it _______ terribly hot.
3. I _____ very thirsty. Can somebody give me a glass of water, please?
4. Last night I __________ very tired. This morning I feel energetic.
5. I _____ happy with my room now. Last week, it _____ very dirty and messy.
6. Don’t buy those gadgets. They _____ expensive.
7. Hey, I like your new headscarf. It fits you well. ____ it expensive?
8. This time a month ago, I ________ still in Papua.
9. “Where ______ the ladies?” “I don’t know. They _______ in the living room five minutes ago.”

10. They ______ happy and optimistic now. When I met them last year, they ________ unhappy and pessimistic.

Task 2 
open come enjoy die be
clean ride meet walk
want have write buy 

1. I _______ my room once a day every day. Yesterday, I _____ it
several times because my cousin was going to stay with me for two days.
2. It was very hot in the room, so she _______ the door and the
windows.
3. The members of the boy band usually never ______ late. However, in their performance last week, they _________ late. The audience _____ impatient.
4. Seven goats ______ in the accidents in the highway three days ago.
5. He always _______ when he goes to school. Yesterday, he ______ a new bicycle.
6. When I was still in kindergarten, I __________ to be a chef.
7. They usually ______ two glasses of milk. Three days ago, they ______ only one glass.
8. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. So, I ______ apple every day.
9. She frequently ________ her experiences in a diary in the corner of the room. This morning, she ______ them in her room.
10. We _____ a reading club. We usually _____ once a week. Last week, we ________ twice to discuss our new activities.

Jawaban :
Task1
1. were are
2. is was
3. am
4. was
5. am was
6. are
7. is
8. was
9. are were
10. are were
Task 2
1. clean, cleaned
2. opened
3. comes, came, became
4. died
5. walks, rode
6. wanted
7. enjoy, enjoyed
8. buy
9. writes, wrote
10. have, meet, met

Load disqus comments

0 comments